Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Virtual Choir Joins Voices from 58 Countries


Virtual Choir Joins Voices from 58 Countries

Wow. I know this is not related to my usual topics, but I recommend that you pause for a moment and listen to these beautiful voices. The clip posted [click here for it on Youtube] is only a few minutes long. And for those audiophiles out there, yes, there is certainly a LOT of audio editing and additional effects applied to the raw vocal streams. This is a must in order to smooth out the noise and deal with enormous issues that must come with using using streaming audio over a webcam! I'm sure some of the volunteers perhaps have slightly better microphones, but from what I understand, if you listen to some of the individual recordings available via youtube, even with the very best singers, they are pretty rough sounding. Thus, audio processing is a must. And besides, who cares! This product is nothing short of wonderful. The music is peaceful, melancholy, and a bit haunting.... just wonderful. I'm looking forward to the final product soon.

No comments: