Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Inventor preserves self to witness immortality - Feb 15, 2005

Check out this article from CNN.com.

Hmmm... I actually don't have much to say. I mean, don't get me wrong -- the logical, analytical side of me says, "BWHAAAHAHAHA! Yeah, right!" But, Ray Kurzweil is a real visionary. I know technology has come a long way, but we have a long way to go, particularly in the nanosciences. But, regardless... 20 years? Immortality?

With just the right mixture of green tea and other dietary supplements, in combination with nanobots that work through your system to maintain your living state, you'll live forever, or so Dr. Kurzweil says. A heart?!?!? Bahhh! Who needs a stinkin' heart!

Do you have any idea how many books he's going to sell to people that know nothing about what he's talking about? I wonder how much money he's going to make from this claim. That's probably the part that bothers me the most.

I don't know. I think he may have gone too far this time. I do not doubt that small parts of his claim will prove true. I suspect that much of his dietary information he provides in the book are probably based on known facts that have come out over the years. (e.g. green tea, wine, whole grains, olive oil, fish, etc...) But, I just hope that those that spend the money on this book will read it with a grain of salt, or... some other preservative. :-)

No comments: