Saturday, June 30, 2012

The research momentum continues (a.k.a Thank you, Matt!)

It has been a while since I've written any updates here. I have become quite busy doing... wait for it... here it comes... RESEARCH! I have finally gained my momentum back, thanks to great work by a student of mine, Matthew Segar. Matt completed an honor's thesis under my advisement, which subsequently won the Harold W. Miller Prize, an award given to one or two seniors for an exemplary honors thesis. His work focused on the development of a novel, probabilistic method for the assembly of next generation sequence data. Way to go, Matt! The award was well-deserved. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors as you continue to pursue your interests in bioinformatics. You will continue to make great achievements no matter what you do!

No comments: